What's the Troy Difference
Children at Troy Preschool are valued members of the learning environment, with their individual needs and interests helping shape the curriculum. Through thematic teaching, Troy Preschool brings together various aspects of the curriculum into meaningful association. Social studies, emergent literacy, mathematics, science, music, art and sports are introduced with an emphasis on empowering our youngest students for a seamless transition into the TSD Kindergarten classroom. Play and exploration are also vital components of the learning process. Each classroom follows a developmentally appropriate curriculum directly aligned to our K-12 TSD curriculum that strengthens and increases the skills and knowledge of each child.
- Authentic balanced literacy is at the heart of our daily interactions with students.
- Our curriculum is directly aligned with the Troy School District ambitious outcomes for all learners.
- In Troy, we are proud of our long-lasting University partnerships with Oakland University and Teachers College at Columbia University.
- TSD has an ongoing connection to resources within our Troy Community, including Troy Public Library, Stage Nature Center, Troy Youth Assistance, and more!
- Mrs. K. Bush (Preschool Parent)